W. Scott Lewis, J.D.
Chair, NABITA Advisory Board
W. Scott Lewis, J.D. is a Managing Partner with TNG, Chair of the NABITA Advisory Board, and a co-founder and advisory board member of ATIXA. In 2009, Lewis co-founded NABITA and was president of ASCA. Lewis serves frequently as a third-party neutral hearing advisor and decision-maker for TNG clients for sexual misconduct, discrimination, and Title Read More
Kimberly Pacelli, M.Ed., J.D.
Kim Pacelli is a Partner with TNG whose practical advice empowers institutions to manage high-risk and day-to-day issues with confidence. Her expertise includes development and consultation on policy and procedure, program review, assessment, compliance consultations, and tailored on-site training programs. Pacelli leads TNG’s efforts to develop training materials and other new content for TNG, ATIXA, Read More
Makenzie Schiemann, M.S., Ph.D.
Makenzie Schiemann is a Partner at TNG and the President of NABITA. Her areas of expertise include policy and program development for behavioral intervention teams, case management, and victim advocacy, strategies for chairing behavioral intervention teams, research and assessment, and strategic planning for comprehensive educational and awareness programming. Schiemann has previously served as the Director Read More
Saundra K. Schuster, M.S., J.D.
Saunie Schuster is a Partner with TNG. A recognized expert in preventive and civil rights law for education, notably in the fields of harassment, discrimination and sexual misconduct and violence, ADA and disability issues and the First Amendment, Schuster has extensive experience and expertise in, and routinely advises clients on, the First Amendment and campus Read More
Brett A. Sokolow, J.D.
Chair: TNG Board of Directors;
TNG Management Committee;
ATIXA Advisory Board
TNG Consulting LLC is the risk management touchstone for thousands of schools, colleges, universities, and workplaces across the country. Since 2000, TNG, along with membership organizations the National Association for Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment (NABITA) and the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA), has been dedicated to empowering schools, colleges, workplaces, and organizations to Read More
Daniel C. Swinton, J.D., Ed.D.
Daniel Swinton is a Partner with TNG. He serves as President of ATIXA (The Association for Title IX Administrators) and on the Advisory Board of NABITA (National Association for Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment). He has also served as the Vice President of ATIXA and on the Board for the Association for Student Conduct Administration (ASCA), having served as its President in Read More
Joseph Vincent, M.L.S.
Joe Vincent is an impactful leader, trainer, and administrator whose unique insight and valuable experience is rooted in his hands-on work as a Title IX Coordinator and civil rights investigator. Vincent’s expertise includes employment matters, broad policy development and implementation, and specialized experience in the dynamics that bear on healthcare education and power differentials. Vincent’s Read More
Linda Abbott, L.M.H.C.
Linda Abbott is a Consultant at TNG whose areas of expertise include behavioral intervention teams, college mental health, case management, and victim advocacy. Abbott has over 15 years’ experience in a variety of roles including administration and student support. Most recently, Abbott served as Assistant Dean for Health and Wellness at Eckerd College where she Read More
Aaron L. Austin, Ed.D.
Aaron Austin (he/him/his) is a father, husband, and educator who has had the opportunity to serve students at multiple colleges and universities. He has experience with a variety of Student Affairs areas, and throughout his career has presented to numerous students, employees, families, and community partners on topics ranging from policy implementation to diversity, equity, Read More
Kayleigh Baker, J.D.
Kayleigh Baker is a consultant with TNG and has extensive experience in Title IX and Civil Rights investigations. Kayleigh has been asked to serve in a myriad of roles related to Title IX and other Civil Rights investigations. She has been involved with numerous investigations and has served as Investigator, Decision-Maker, Advisor, and even Interim Read More
Tim Cason, M.Ed.
Vice President, NABITA
Tim Cason is a passionate professional who has worked in higher education at multiple institutions nationwide, serving high school, college, and adult education populations. He is well-versed in engaging key stakeholders, including executives, faculty, staff, and students, regarding student conduct, behavioral intervention and case management work, Title IX, and other civil rights laws. Cason is Read More
Mandy Hambleton, M.S.
Senior Director, Content Development;
Vice President, ATIXA
Mandy Hambleton is an educator with over a decade of progressively responsible behavior management experience, including roles in student conduct and academic integrity, behavioral intervention and case management, and Title IX compliance at multiple higher education institutions. She has extensive experience in policy and process development including both public-facing policies and internal standard operating procedures, Read More
Alisha Carter Harris, M.S.
Alisha Carter Harris is a Senior Consultant with TNG and has extensive experience in civil rights/equal opportunity compliance and implementing diversity and inclusion initiatives. Her experience is based primarily in higher education but Carter Harris is also well-versed in the financial services industry. Prior to her arrival at TNG, Carter Harris served as an Employee Read More
Haven Hart, M.Ed., Ph.D.
Supervising Consultant & Director of Client Success
Haven L. Hart is the Supervising Consultant & Director of Client Success at TNG. She serves as a liaison between Consulting and Content, Marketing, and Business Development to assess and address client needs. She also develops systems to ensure efficiency and effectiveness and oversees the quality review process upon engagement completion. Her areas of expertise Read More
Vice President of Investigations
Brian Heider is the Vice President – Investigations for TNG Consulting. Heider is a senior professional with more than 20 years of experience in workplace, personnel and pre-employment investigations involving municipal, city, police and fire agencies as well as public, private and charter school educational institutions. His background combines a unique set of professional experiences Read More
Michelle Issadore, M.Ed.
Chief Operating Officer
Michelle Issadore, M.Ed., is the Chief Operating Officer for TNG, the former Senior Associate Executive Director for the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA), and the former Executive Director of the School and College Organization for Prevention Educators (SCOPE). She works with the leaders of TNG’s membership associations and training offerings, ATIXA and NABITA, as well as Read More
Reid McCormick, M.L.S.
Reid McCormick is a consultant with TNG. He has worked in higher education serving multiple campuses in several roles. Prior to arriving at TNG, McCormick served as an investigator at a mid-size private university where he conducted prompt, equitable, and impartial investigations regarding sexual misconduct, harassment, and gender-related violence. Additionally, McCormick facilitated trainings for students, Read More
Mikiba Morehead, M.A., Ed.D.
Mikiba W. Morehead is a consultant with TNG and has extensive experience in Student Affairs as a Student Conduct practitioner specialized in the areas of Title IX, crisis management, and student advocacy. Her expertise centers on cyber sexual abuse, informal resolution processes, specifically mediation and restorative justice, policy revision, and ADA/504 compliance. Morehead has developed Read More
Leah Reynolds, M.S., Ed.D.
Chief Diversity Officer
Leah Reynolds is an experienced administrator with over 11 years of service in the industry of higher education. Having worked in various divisions for several colleges and universities, Reynolds has developed an expertise in Title IX, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Athletic Compliance, and Affirmative Action. She is an exceptional communicator, skilled at collaborating and influencing stakeholders Read More
Lauren Starnes, J.D.
Consultant at TNG
Lauren is a consultant with TNG who is passionate about solving problems and supporting clients. She has experience with Title IX and Civil Rights investigations and compliance. Lauren’s experience is wide-ranging, but primarily based in Title IX compliance in higher education, including in dual enrollment, nursing and allied health programs, and pregnant and parenting. Lauren Read More
Joseph Allen, Ed.D.
Director of Community College Pathways at National University
- Expertise in the needs of online institutions
- Trainer in mitigating and resolving escalated and concenring behavior
- Varied experience across multiple areas of student affairs
Erin Buzuvis, J.D.
Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at Western New England University
- Author and researcher on gender and discrimination in education and athletics
- Co-founder and contributor to the Title IX Blog
- Addresses intersections of sexual orientation, race, gender identity, and more
- ATIXA Advisory Board, Member Emeritus
Katie Clifford, J.D.
Attorney/Educational Consultant at Clifford Legal Educational Consulting, LLC
- Provide public and private entities legal consultation on state and federal compliance and discrimination issues
- Policy audit and development
- Guidance on policy implementation
Maureen Connolly, MBA, Ed.D.
Senior PA Analyst at Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Higher education administrator
- Emergency and crisis management researcher
Allison Frost, MPA
- Case manager for behavioral intervention and education
- Threat assessment and risk management professional
D. Matthew Gregory, Ph.D.
Associate Vice Provost and Dean of Students at Texas Tech University
- Over 20 years of experience in and around higher education
- Experience with housing and residence life, Greek life, student conduct, campus law enforcement, and students of concern
- Certified Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) instructor
Belinda Guthrie, M.A.
Assistant Vice President for Institutional Equity at Vassar College
- Over two decades of progressive higher education leadership experience
- Prevention, investigation, and response to issues of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, and bias
- ATIXA Advisory Board Member
Erin Halligan-Avery, Ph.D.
- In higher education for many years, serving in various roles centered around student support and retention
- Developed the CARE Network at the University of Rochester in 2011
Wendy Hind, J.D., Ph.D.
President at Hind Government and Policy Consulting
- Former director of the Nebraska Supreme Court Office of Dispute Resolution
- Over 20 years of experience in multiple forms of alternative dispute resolution and higher eucation policy
- Former Vice President for University Affairs and associate professor
Jeremy Inabinet, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Students in the University for Disciplinary Affairs at University of Chicago
- Title IX compliance
- Risk management, including student conduct and fraternity and sorority life
- Institutional policy and procedure development
Claire N. Kaplan, Ph.D.
Consultant and Writer at University of Virginia
- Adjunct Faculty in Women, Gender, and Sexuality
- Writer, teacher, victim advocate, and artist
- Almost 40 years of experience in victim services, prevention, and education in higher education
Jason Laker, Ph.D.
Professor, Counselor Education, Higher Education, Student Affairs, and Community Development at San José State University
- Former Vice President of Student Affairs
- Affiliated Research Faculty with the Center for Research and Education on Gender and Sexuality at San Francisco State University
- Researcher on on sexual consent communication practices among college students
John Wesley Lowery, Ph.D.
Department Chair, Graduate Coordinator, and Professor of Student Affairs in Higher Education at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Expert on legislative issues and student conduct
- Active in professional associations
- Author of numerous articles and book chapters
Bernie Luskin, Ed.D.
President & CEO at Luskin International
- Former CEO of multiple colleges and universities
- Interesection of psychology, education, and technology
- APA Fellow and President Emeritus of the Society for Media Psychology and Technology of the American Psychological Association
Gentry McCreary, Ph.D.
CEO & Managing Partner at Dyad Strategies
- Scholar practitioner
- Serves schools and fraternal organizations with hazing, risk management, investigations, and substance abuse problems
- Award-winning researcher on hazing and moral development
Matt Medeiros, M.A.
Chief Compliance, Diversity & Ethics Officer at National University System
- Higher education regulatory affairs executive
- Certified Title IX Coordinator and Investigator
- Specializes in organizaing, directing, and implementing compliance-related programs, projects, and policies
Rick Olshak, M.S.
Director, Title IX Compliance at Texas A&M University System
- Over 20 years in student conduct and conflict resolution programs
- Past President of the Association for Student Conduct Administration
- Expertise on program assessment, needs assessment, conduct board training, conflict resolution, and mediation training
Mary Ellen O’Toole, Ph.D.
Professor Director, Forensic Science Program at George Mason University
- Consults with schools on threats of violence
- Lead researcher and author of FBI’s seminal work in school violence, The School Shooter: A Threat Assessment Perspective
- Leading expert in psychopathy, on the forefront of mental health and law enforcement efforts
Aaron “Chip” Reese, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President, Student Affairs at Columbus State University
- Expertise in best practices for developing, administering, and evaluating effective behavioral intervention teams
- Past President of NABITA
- Graduate faculty in Curriculum and Leadership
Catherine Spear, J.D.
Vice President for Equity, Equal Opportunity, and Title IX at University of Southern California
- Managing response to all forms of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation
- Leading related proactive education and outreach programs that promote a safe and inclusive environment
- 19 years with the Office for Civil Rights
Tenielle Tensley, J.D.
General Counsel at Kern High School District
- Employment counsel
- Title IX/Title VII
Ryan Thompson, J.D.
Owner, Attorney at Thompson Esquire, PLLC
- Former Title IX Coordinator
- Sexual misconduct investigator who has worked with OCR and United Educators
- Hearing officer, panel member, and facilitator
- ATIXA Advisory Board Member
Sheilah Vance, J.D.
Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at University of the District of Columbia
- Former Chief of Staff and Deputy to University President
- Interim University Chief Officer for EEO and Compliance
- Taught, published, and presented on public and legal education
Erica Woodley, M.S.
Assistant Vice President & Dean of Students at Tulane University
- Led evacuation team and set up call center for those displace during Hurricane Katrina
- Integral in creation of case management program
- Creation of policies and procedures to guide identification, support, and documentation of high risk students